Monday, January 23, 2017

How it goes in nursing homes



I have lived in nursing homes since March 1996. Moving into one at age 47 was a challenge. I came from my own home with caregivers to take care of me.

I had worked in the past full-time and part-time. I even worked from home. But it wasn't done as much 20+ years ago.

I have been quadriplegic since  the age of 19 following a fall in my parents home. I walked for 15 years and after that had to sit down to earn an income and get out into the world.

I have worked part time at a nursing home where I lived as a communications coordinator. I have also done volunteer work such as newsletters, activities calendars, and other word processing.

Since 2008 I have written a blog about my nursing home resident experience. You can find it at iadvanceseniorcare.com (formerly Long Term Living Magazine), under my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment