Tuesday, January 2, 2018

How to plan for company – now


I guess maybe I need to ask social services how to plan for a visitor when that visitor can only come on certain days. I don't really have a plan anymore about getting up at all, except on shower days. I didn't get a shower on Christmas because it was a Monday and they weren't prepared to give me one. The same was true of New Year's Day – another Monday.

R (a friend) wanted to visit next Monday. But I'm concerned it'll be way too cold for us to go out and maybe miserable for her to travel. I'm sure she travels other places but I don't want to worry about R being out, trying to get to me for a visit, and having problems. I suggested she move her visit to mid-January hoping the weather will warm some. Today it's -15 (real feel), and I think that's pretty cold.

Maybe as we move away from the holidays things will get better. I'm not really sure about that, but I can hope. I thought I had a routine established until they put me on the Hoyer at the beginning of November. Then, when the Hoyer they were using for me broke on 12/6 I ceased to have a plan.

Since then I have no idea what's going on. They were supposed to get new Hoyer pads right after Christmas. Maybe they got them but none of the aides have said anything about it. I don't know if they ordered the style with the toileting hole, or if any were U-shaped. But, I haven't asked, nor has anyone told me. I also wonder if the tilting Hoyer lift that broke will ever be fixed. I suppose they'll get a new lift eventually.

R suggested January 15 or 16 as possible visit days. I suggested 1/15 since I get a shower that day. I felt that way at least I'd be clean. But for some reason R said she would visit on 1/16. Now, I'm confused. Tuesdays aren't usually good days here and I have no idea why. But, I'm afraid I'll not get washed up well enough for company on Tuesday 1/16. So, I'm trying to clarify that.

I really hate worrying about being ready for company. I so seldom get it. Yet I worry about not being ready all the time. Most of my life I prepared for visitors, or company, that never showed up. I also planned for trips I never took, boyfriends I never met, and men who never became my husband. But, I never minded – because at least I was ready.

It looks like I need to write a note to social services to help me straighten my schedule out. I'm getting weak from not getting up. But, I'm getting over the sore throat I've had for over two weeks.

I wonder if I'll have things figured out before R visits in almost two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment