Thursday, January 4, 2018

Way too cold


Even though I have not been out in it. I've seen the snow through my window. Snow has been on the ground ever since Christmas Eve. And it's been really, really cold. This weekend may be the last and worst of it, at least I'm hoping.

Is not as though I go out that much in January anyway, I usually don't. However, in midmonth, or late month, the weather warms enough for me to go for a short outing with a friend.

My sister is smart. She lives in Naples Florida and does not usually come back to Ohio until late February or mid March warm-up. She called me yesterday to tell me it was 51° in the morning. They are used to going swimming there, doing water aerobics (with a friend) every morning. Likely, yesterday the water in the pool is heated to 85°. So they jumped in and did their aerobic exercises anyway.

She said she had to resist the temptation to turn on the heat in the house. She said the thermostat read 72°. But to her it did not feel that warm.

She even told me the dog did not want to walk and instead wanted to go back home.

No one here talks much about the weather except to say is it's cold. But I'm sure the smokers are happily a time. I don't know they have a covered shack to smoke in. But, if they don't , I feel sorry for them. It has to be really cold out just to stand and smoke.

But I'm sure they go to their cars, which would be smarter, and warmer.

A friend was supposed to visit next week but I told her to hold off until midmonth. I was afraid it would be way too cold for me to even consider going out. And even though I enjoy a visit in the facility, I would like to to go on an outing outside the facility.

I just wonder if January 2018's weather is going to warm up – anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment