Sunday, March 12, 2017

Looking for a good sale


I buy most of my clothing from Blair.com. I have done that ever since I've been on the Internet. They have a more classic clothing line, offer slacks with all-around stretch waists, and have plus sizes. It's not the cutesy clothing I would rather have had when I first moved to a nursing home. But I needed clothing that was functional and would hold up in the nursing home laundry.

I only shop when I have money. But I usually only shop when there's a sale. The sales I like best are 25% to 30% off and free shipping. But, those kind of offers and me having money at the same time do not coincide very often.

I probably go to Blair to look at clothing once a week, when I have an unused gift card. I have a friend who gives me a $50 card every Christmas and I want to get the most I can with it. This morning I headed there clicking through a 25% off email. There's nothing like looking for clothing to perk up your mood. I was looking for spring things. I also looked for midweight clothing, like longsleeve T-shirts and knit shirts in vibrant colors to wear in early spring. I wasn't being very successful.

In the last few months the prices on Blair have increased. But some customers might feel higher prices mean more wearable and sturdy garments. I never buy their top ticket items, unless they go on sale. I've had to pinch my pennies in the last few years and I can't buy everything I want.

It was more fun when I had more money. But this way I have to use my money wisely and make better purchases. I've lost some weight and have to buy smaller sizes. I'm still wearing some 2X tops and pants which are a bit large. But living in a nursing home and having them do my laundry, causes me to be careful about what size I buy. I don't purchase clothing made from fabrics that shrink easily.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to see and feel the clothing I'm buying. But then, I still like how easy it is to buy online. I love looking at clothing. But I hate paying for shipping and avoid it when I can.

Blair doesn't email as many specials as they did even a year ago. I have no idea why. They feature several websites on the top of the main Blair page. They even have an outlet site where they have clearance prices supposedly all the time.

I like Blair's Tropicool cotton blend pants for summer. They are lightweight, comfortable, and wash well. I noticed they no longer have them in the regular price women's section. They were only available in the clearance section. I wonder if they are being discontinued.

I was looking at crinkly (looking already wrinkled) pants that they're selling for summer. They are bit out of my price range unless I can get a good discount. But I know from past experience that they hold up pretty well and are nice and thin. Since I do not wear shorts, they are the nearest thing I've worn that feel like having absolutely nothing on my legs.

I also wish Blair would sell shawls or ruanas for those of us who like to throw something around our shoulders when we're chilly. I think I saw one short shawl there once. Obviously shawls are not something that women customers are requesting, or they would have them.

I guess that gift certificate from Christmas is burning a hole in my pocket. My desire to spend it has risen. I will be on the lookout for good sale between now and Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment