Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mineral makeup missing


It never fails, I end up not being able to find something when I need to use it. Tuesday I needed my mineral makeup. My sister had bought me new makeup around Christmas last year. I got the all over mineral powder, blush, a large makeup brush, and a smaller one. My friend Beth put them in my makeup bag last Friday when we cleaned out my filing cabinet. I was glad she helped me clean it out, get rid of things, and put them in better order.

But, when my aide went looking for the all over mineral powder, it was not in the bag. Instead, my new smaller blusher, and the old blush were both in the makeup case. I was upset.

It's not the first time my makeup has disappeared. One time, at a previous nursing home, I spent $8 for Cover Girl makeup to apply with a sponge. The new package was put in an unlocked drawer. When my aide went to get it and put it on, it was gone – completely. I just could not believe anyone would take my makeup, new or used.

My makeup as also disappeared from my filing cabinet here before. One day I was going out and my aide discovered my entire makeup case was gone. Another aide said she would go take a look around to see if she could find it. I had no idea what she was talking about. I went ahead and used baby powder on a washcloth for face powder and use lipstick on my cheeks for blush. I thought I looked okay. Then, the aide who went to look for my makeup – came back with it. No one ever told me where or how that aide found it. That episode was always suspect in my eyes. I thought someone had unlocked my cabinet, put my makeup somewhere, and waited for my reaction. I know it's mean to say that, but I think that's what happened.

However, this time I did not think I could blame staff. My own friend had assisted me. Then, I realized that I may not have picked out a larger compact of mineral makeup. The store was out of the shade I usually buy, and maybe I decided not to buy something different. Perhaps I decided to wait until my next shopping trip, or order it online.

So, I made do with using tinted moisturizer and blush instead of the all over translucent powder. But I was certainly chagrined. I just like my stuff left alone. I don't like it when I feel that someone else has looked all through my things to see what I have. I don't even care that much that it was taken. I just wish if someone took it, they would've taken it later after I'd used it.

There's just no way to have security. Everything gets taken or misplaced or mixed up in nursing homes. It just happens and it's the way that life is.

You would think I would be used to it after over 21 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment