Thursday, July 20, 2017

Wanting to change salt-and-pepper hair – a bit


I have been letting my natural hair grow out for over a year. Since I don't see myself in the mirror much, it's not difficult to let it grow out. I never get that first thing in the morning look and I am not downhearted. So I have not watched the progression – others have.

At first I thought my front roots were really white or light gray. But now that I've been watching them grow out for a while, I realize that my lightest hair is in the front on the top. Everyone is a bit surprised that my hair in the back is mostly dark – not white or gray. I kind of of wish the back had more white or gray highlights.

I like the sort of highlighted look I get in the front with the lighter gray. The fact that my natural hair coloring now is not symmetrical all over bothers me. Trust me I know I never see the back and maybe it shouldn't matter. But it does.

I went looking a couple of weeks ago on YouTube to see if I could find a way to spruce up salt-and-pepper hair. I thought maybe I could go to the salon and have some highlights put in my dark hair. I know it might be difficult to bleach my hair out to white. We don't want my light hair blonde, at least I don't think so. It wouldn't mix very well with the already gray, and white hair. I was surprised that I couldn't really find any videos about highlighting salt-and-pepper hair. They showed highlighting here with blonde highlights to make the great hair less noticeable. The only ones that were white highlights looked kind of Halloween-ish and a bit Gothic.

Then I thought about purple or blue. I know that sounds rather rash. And the blue will not last long. But, it would a way to color the bleached hair. Oh well, maybe that's not a good idea.

But I certainly think I could have the back of my hair, and other areas, highlighted with white, white highlights. I know it would be a lot of bleaching, and that the ends which are still growing out from blonde would be bleached again. But that hair has not been colored in over a year. So, I think it should be in pretty good shape.

I would like to have a little extra, dramatic color,  in my hair. I also think I would feel better if I had white highlights on the sides, back, and maybe elsewhere, since I like the natural silver and white in my new growth hair.

Sometimes I wonder why I resisted my natural hair color for so long. But, I guess I know. I like to spruce things up and be a bit edgy at times.

It looks like I'm not going to go easily into the aged part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment