Thursday, June 22, 2017

Choosing another Dragon headset


Last year a speech recognition software professional said I should get a better headset microphone for my Dragon Professional Individual 15. I knew he had a point. But I wondered if a more expensive headset would be better. I have been using the reasonably priced ones for the last 15 years. I just did not feel like paying more when I must depend on others to plug, unplug, and store it  for me. I usually have them hang it on the desktop monitor.

I told the speech recognition software professional that the headsets on his website were expensive – starting at over $60. I said my sister would be buying it and I wanted to keep the price down. I told him I would send her the link for the $60 headset – that was $47 on Amazon. I told him we would get if there because of the lower cost. I suggested he might try out some less expensive headsets for customers who might want one.

My sister ordered lower end model from Amazon. However, that headset cut out with sound and no sound when I tried it. My sister had me send it back. She reordered the same model and so far it has worked well.

I need a backup headset. When I got the desktop repaired, I put off getting one. Earlier this week, my aide noticed that the newer, $47 headset has a wire sticking out on the inside top. She tried to push it back into its compartment. But, that loose wire made me wonder if it will last.

Though I was leery of my sister ordering that $47 headset again, I sent her the link to that one and the less expensive headset that cost $24. I asked her for input on which one to order. The less expensive one works well because I purchased them in the past. However, sometimes they do not last very long. But I don't know if my $47 headset will hold up any longer men the inexpensive ones.

Today my sister emailed a copy of the order showing she bought the less expensive headset, and it's on its way to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment