Sunday, June 4, 2017

Five days before the FULL MOON


The full moon phenomena is real around here. I have dealt with it since I went back to work in the 80s – my first job since becoming disabled. I noticed that some days callers were just completely off the wall. Then I started looking at the calendar to see if a full moon was near. Many times it was the day of the full moon. It was kind of uncanny.

As good as yesterday was, this morning was awful. I don't know what happened but everything was out of sync. I got up about the same time but the nurse was behind and my suppositories were late.

Then, E (my aide) was not strong enough to pull me back in the shower chair – enough. If a third aide had been assisting, two of them might have gotten me back into the shower chair better.

So I was in the chair crooked. I guess I should try not to pay attention to where I am in space or time. But it's very difficult to do that. I had to struggle to get positioned more comfortably over the toilet. Then I made a big mess again on the floor – poop everywhere. But, this has been going on for a couple of months. I blame such messes on me being crooked on the shower chair. However, I'm beginning to wonder.

E doesn't usually work on a weekend, and she was making me feel her pain. E felt like I was making things more difficult. But that's not what I was doing. I was just trying to get through a Sunday with minimal drama from the aides who do my care. But as it turned out, that did not happen.

I just never understand why some aides can find my things in my room without a problem, while others have great difficulty. When I asked E about my white support stockings, she said she knew nothing about them. She was trying to defend herself and I couldn't understand why. It's so hard for me because I cannot look for things. My memory is still good and I try to remember where aides tell me they put my things. I was persistent about them because I wanted them to put on. I just should have dropped it. E said she knew nothing about them.

I was being too strident and E was being too defensive. Then, all of a sudden, she came up with the white stockings. Unfortunately, I already had another pair on.

And the morning kind of went like that…

In the dining room residents were acting up, being needy, and doing things like moving around too much. One resident at my table was particularly talkative which can drive me crazy. It was getting to me but it was getting to the aides much worse. They kept trying to quiet her – which didn't work.

One resident was trying to stand and the alarm on her chair was causing an ear splitting noise. Some residents were complaining. It seemed like neither staff nor residents wanted to be cooperative.

When I got on my desktop PC. I checked the full moon date for June 2017. It is June 9 and today is June 4. But I have noticed previously that residents and staff act up and act out more – five days before the full moon.

I'm starting a record to see if this is the same every month. Maybe we can find a way to stave it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment