Saturday, June 10, 2017

Warm day, and soup for lunch


The summer menu is kind of strange. Potato soup is on it. To me that is a hearty dish to eat when lighter food is much more desirable. It's not that the soup isn't good. It is. The fact that it has lots of carbs and is also warm makes it seem like a strange thing to eat on a warm June day.

There was no obvious protein in today's lunch. The menu was: potato soup, salad, and ice cream for dessert. It was a pretty light meal calorie wise. But, it was also light meal protein wise. For me, who's on a diet (or food program) all the time, I need protein to keep my blood sugar up to make me feel satisfied and full.

I ended up taking one of my tuna packs down to lunch with me. I have bought three ounce cans of tuna since they first became available – years ago. They are great to put on a large salad and then add salad dressing. It's an instant dieter's meal. I also make tuna salad with just a pack of mayo and put it on saltines or pretzel crisps.

I was in the dining room waiting for my tray. My tuna lunch kit was sitting on the table. My tray didn't come and didn't come. When we asked, they said they thought I did not want ANYTHING from dietary for lunch. I told them I would eat some of it – but I brought the tuna (for protein) to have with it.

I had to wait a while for my tray. But I didn't mind. While I was waiting the aide fed the woman next to me and she finished first. She likes to eat faster than I do anyway.

Because I ate the tuna, with the mayonnaise packet on it, and eight the six crackers that came with it, I did not want as much of the soup. I ate about one half of it .

The salad was lettuce and tomatoes with Italian dressing.

I was given applesauce, which I did not eat.

It was hot in that dining room. As soon as I finished, I wanted to get out of there and go find a cooler spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment