Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Desktop is repaired


The two block away computer tech brought my desktop PC back last night. It's in that shiny, new CPU case that has two of its own USB ports. There are also three USBs in the module he installed in an empty bay. He started up the desktop and it was working fine.

It was interesting that I was able to pay him with a credit card that he puts through a scanner type device synced with his cell phone. It's really a nifty way to do a transaction and allow his customers to use credit cards which he says do not have outrageous fees.

He said he ran updates on all my software, cleaned dust and debris out of the tower, and checked things out. I'm glad that was done. This is the first actual maintenance that's been done on it since I got it in 2012.

It wasn't until I used it today that I appreciated how improved my desktop PC is. First of all, the new USB ports in this CPU case are up higher. That means it will be easier for others to plug and unplug from them. It's also less likely that they will be broken from bumping into them. That was a problem with the old CPU case.

My touchpad works so well I just could not believe it. For once, the pointing arrow is not sticking. It's not automatically highlighting all the text in what I'm reading or writing, like it was. The touchpad almost acted like it was possessed by a demon. It was doing things, and selecting things, that I did not want selected.

The headset works much better in this new CPU case. It must be a much better connection. I had no trouble getting it to recognize my voice. There were no error boxes popping up to tell me that my audio was having problems or was too low.

So I went to Facebook and did a SHOUT OUT to the computer tech. I thanked him for the good job and the fact that the upgrade has made things so much better.

I appreciate having the other half of my brain back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment