Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A calm day


Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings were so crazy. Then yesterday things calmed down. "S" was my aide. I don't know if she was the difference, or if it was just because it was a different day.

Monday was my shower day. "S" came in at 6:23 a.m. to see if I wanted to get up. I told her I hadn't gotten my suppositories. She said she would get the nurse. He didn't come in until over half an hour later. Clearly, something was going on that the two of them couldn't get closer on their scheduling.

Nevertheless she got me up. I was able to get to the bathroom on time and without a problem.

After that, she fed me breakfast. Then I headed to the shower. I was supposed to have been showered by the shower aide, but she had been reassigned.

We went right to the shower and "S" started my shower. A few minutes later another aide came in the shower room to assist. She washed my hair while "S" washed me.

The shower was over in really good time. It takes so much less time to do it than to wash me up.

I went back to my room and got dressed, my teeth were brushed, and moisturizing cream was put on my face. I felt like a different woman.

Monday, so far, felt so different than the last three days. It was almost as though I had moved to a different place where the people knew how to care for me.

Inside, I was pleased about the situation. I felt that if one aide could learn how to help me, the other ones probably could too.

"S" also made sure I got on my desktop computer when I asked. I was so glad she did not tell me she was too busy or had something else to do.

It's amazing how certain aides can make my day better, just by showing up.

I feel so grateful when the people who care for me help me do the things I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment