Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Mixed up morning – AGAIN


Just when I think we're going to get a flow at this nursing home, it just doesn't happen. I think this place operates more like a hospital, than a nursing home. Although, I may find out I'm wrong when I learn more.

My nurse came in at 5:40 a.m. to give me a pill. She said she'd be back in ten minutes with my suppositories. She didn't come back for half an hour. However, I got my suppositories.

The male aide who took care of me today, took care of me three out of my first four days here. I thought he knew my routine.
Mark
I did not harp to get up in the nursery monitor. Nor did I yell to get help.

The diaper ended up getting soiled again. I was pretty sure there is going to be a big mess. But, I just could not understand why two aides could not have gotten me up. It just didn't make sense to me.

My aide came in after 7 AM and brought my roommate's breakfast tray. I asked for a drink of water. But he walked out like he did not hear me. I was kind of surprised.

He came back after 8 AM with my breakfast tray. I told him I did not want to eat with a poopy diaper on. He gave me a funny look and said, "Don't eat". I was rather surprised.

I'd said into the nursery monitor that I wanted to have at least a piece of toast for breakfast, even if I ate nothing else. I told them I needed to eat some breakfast because I take medicine.

A few minutes later one of the office aides came in and fed me my breakfast. When I asked her what was going on with my care routine, she said she had no idea. Most nursing home staff usually say they have no idea what's going on. But, most the time they do know.

My aide came in with another aide who cleaned me up. Those two aides got me up and into the bathroom. I thanked them profusely because I was so glad I was up.

My aide had made the comment that he did not have three hours to spend doing my a.m. care. Two days after I came, one aide said it took her three hours to wash me up and get me ready. My morning routine is not that hard once you know what you're doing.

When my aide came in to wash me up, I told him we would do the quick wash up. I told him he could use baby wash on my body and said he didn't have to rinse it. So, basically he just washed and dried me.

He did me quickly with my long style routine. With the shorter routine, he was able to finish faster..

I found out he had been asked to do for extra showers this morning. Those were supposed to be done last night. Instead, my aide had to do those showers this morning. I'm sure that messed up his morning work routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment