Sunday, September 3, 2017

On my fifth day


I guess I never thought what the fifth day here might be like, but here it is.

This morning I rode up the hallway and got my medicine and just headed on up the hallway. I rode over to the front door to look out and see how the weather is. It was kind of gray and cloudy right then so there was not much to see.

I watched a bit of Fox News Sunday on Fox 28. Chris Wallace hosts that show and that's the first time I've seen it in a while. I haven't really watched TV much since 2013.

The administrator was here until 10 AM when he left to go to church. He did not come back.

It is very quiet this morning except for the voices of the staff. Every once in a while a resident makes a noise, but that's not very often.

There were several residents up in wheelchairs in the front lobby. They didn't get the power problem their fixed yesterday. But they did use a power extension cord to get access to electricity around it. The TV and lights on the wall are now on.

I went to the dining room to see what type of snacks are in the vending machine. They don't have much of anything that's wonderful. It's a lot of cookies, cupcakes, and other fattening stuff. There are no peanuts, cheese crackers, popcorn, chicken noodles, or anything else very good.

They asked me to go to lunch a little after 11 AM. There was no food in there but apparently I needed to be in the dining room to get a tray. She put me at a far table. I had to sit there with my tray for several minutes, unable to even take a bite, because there was no one available to feed me right away..

I rode around up and down the hallways until around 4 PM. I'm kind of tired. I also need to spend some time on my desktop PC since I really need to get some things accomplished.

Because I didn't think clearly before the move, my new state Auto License Renewal envelope was on my bulletin board. It was taken down and put into a box. I just don't know if I have that box. I will have to call the Bureau Of Motor Vehicles to find out what I do since I have no idea where it is.

The weather warmed today. Yesterday's high was in the low 60s. Today it was in the high 70s or low 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment