Monday, September 4, 2017

I spent this Labor Day waiting for things


It seemed like I spent the entire day waiting. I don't understand why the aides have such a hard time getting their residents up in the morning. It shouldn't be that difficult unless they just do not have enough staff to accomplish it in a timely manner.

I woke early and had not seen an aide since 1 AM. I asked her to wake me at 4:30 a.m. and give me a drink. She said she would. I wondered if there would be another aide helping her at that hour.

Apparently no one came in. Yesterday they asked a dayshift aide if he would stay over until 2 AM. He told them he wouldn't and I knew they were let down by that.

I woke and could not see my clock very well. But I had the sense it was after 5 AM.

I requested a drink of water in the nursery monitor. But, nobody came. I asked more than one time. I realized that no one had the nursery monitor close enough to them to hear it.

By the time someone got to me, it was before 6 AM. My clock was not reset last night and it was 30 minutes fast.

I was able to get up and into the bathroom. Unfortunately, I had to wait a long time in there before my aide could answer my call light. Yesterday's aide did not make me wait that long. And, I was out of my room by 9 AM. Yesterday's male aide can really move.

I eventually got washed up. But the aides who did it was tall and perspiring heavily. I hoped she wasn't nervous. She did an okay job but she did not break his speed record..

This morning I didn't get out of my room until after 10 AM. There wasn't much to do but ride around. Nothing was going on. There wasn't even anything good on TV to watch. I wondered why they didn't put the TV on a movie or maybe a series marathon on another channel for the residents to enjoy.

I've been here since Wednesday and have not had a shower. My hair has not been washed or cleaned either. I'm wondering when I will get my first shower. I'm trying to be nice about it, but I feel grubby.

Things really fall down here on second and third shift. The aides say they are short staffed. But I'm not sure that's the only problem. I do know that nurses do not help with transferring me – and they need to.

I have to get blood work done in the morning. The first lab testing since I came here. Tonight I'm not allowed to have anything to eat after 9 PM. So I hope they feed me my snack before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment