Monday, September 18, 2017

A lot done in one day


I wanted to get out of here at 10 AM or soon after. I have not been out of this facility since I came on August 30. I have not run any errands, or picked up anything for myself. Also, my whole moving process has remained static. I still don't have things put away, or put up on the walls. Nor do I have all of them found yet.

This morning things got slowed down because I couldn't find assistance with a bathroom break soon after 10 AM. I asked, but it didn't do me much good. 10 AM is a busy time for nursing home aides. For some it's their break time, for others it's their lunch time. It ended up that Rush got here before I was ready.

She helped me put a few things together in my room. Then after a bathroom break, we left.

I stopped first to get my hair cut. We went to a Mexican restaurant for a taco salad lunch. It wasn't too bad but it could've used a have a bit more spice.

Because the weather looked threatening we headed to the BMV in a nearby small town, so I could get a new state ID. GPS didn't quite get us to the right destination, even with the address. We had to stop at a gas station and a Muslim man with not a very good command of English explained to us where it was, and we found it.

Along the way we stopped to get gas. The van had not been filled with gas since near Christmas when my sister visited. I had used little gas since then and had one quarter of a tank remaining. But now that I'm living out farther from the big city. I need to keep gas in the tank.

At the BMV it took a half-hour to give them information and go to the place where the tablet had a long enough cord to reach to me. No one knows how undignified it is when the tablet is not located where I can easily sign. I wonder if they consider that people with limited function might need to use their equipment. I finally got the state ID signed in my very unpictureesque cursive. They took my photo and my ID was finished a few minutes later.

The trip to and from the BMV was a two lane,  bumpy State highway. I so wished we'd gone to the BMV in a larger city nearby.

I went through a next door dollar store to get a few things I needed. That store had narrow aisles and lots of stuff piled almost to the ceiling.

We headed back and told the Admissions coordinator that it was dangerous getting the van out of the gravel at the end of the parking lot. The van fishtailed and spun almost all the way around.

When I got back, I couldn't locate my cabinet keys which were found at the nurses station. My things were put away and I waited to be put in bed. It's really hard to wait when you're hurting and need to get your feet up.

Maybe soon the aides here will get used to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment