Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Another mixed up morning


This morning was a bit mixed up. It seems like on certain early mornings night shift asks me if I want to get up. Perhaps they do that when they have more staffing. But it is rather confusing.

I have a morning bowel program and regardless when I get up, I would like to stick to some type of usual schedule. I don't know that anyone is understanding that.

I don't really want to get up at 4:30 a.m. But, I would get up one half-hour later. So, I think we need to have a discussion.

I told the aides it's easier for me to cooperate, if I know what the schedule is going to be.

I ended up getting my suppositories around 6 AM. But, no one came to get me up thirty minutes later. These two halls must've been busy, because no one answered my request for help in the nursery monitor.

An aide came in after 7 AM. But, by then, my diaper was already soiled. I apologized to her for the mess, but she said it was okay. With that, she cleaned me up, and another aide helped her get me up.

I went to the bathroom. After that my aide me breakfast, and washed me up..

My aide was fifteen minutes from finishing, when another aide came in and got her to help him. She didn't return for forty minutes.

Before she left I had her turn on the TV I seldom watch. I tuned into a morning news and entertainment show. TV today is more in your face than when I last watched it in late 2013.

Unfortunately, I had been in the shower chair for two and half hours, and my left leg was really hurting. That seat is not comfortable for even a short period of time.

Then, my aide returned with another one and they combed my hair, brushed my teeth, and put cream on my face.

It's been seven years since I lived in a nursing home with mostly elderly residents. The workflow is different and getting accustomed is difficult for them and for me.

Sometimes, it just all seems like it's too much. That's when I wonder if things will ever fall into some type of regular pattern.

I'm just not a "fly by the seat of your pants" person. Structure is important in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment