Tuesday, September 26, 2017

An outrageous morning


I thought nothing could get worse than yesterday, and a few days before. But, as I frequently say, I do not make this stuff up, and it was not the day I was expecting.

There was no new plan for me getting up on night shift. The night shift nurse AGAIN told me they could not do it the way I want it. It's not the way I want it's, I think it's the way the dayshift aides want it to get them out of it. They'd probably like to be my buddies and not to do my care. I know they do showers on other shifts, but that's not going to work for me.

Suppositories were given before 7 AM and the aides came in, on their own, and got me up about fifteen minutes later. It was evident I was being rushed and hurried. The transfer was abysmal and I wondered what was up with both of the aides that helped me. It's possible they don't feel confident with each other.

I made it to the bathroom. I wanted to finish so they would have time to wash me up before breakfast. I asked how many aides were working today. But, nobody told me.

My female aide came back and said I needed a shortened washup. She went ahead and did it and finished pretty quickly. Maybe the aides were staying in here too long to be off the floor. It's not the first time that has happened. My aide pushed me into the room without clothing. I asked her to get window my towels from the closet and she was immediately aggravated. Since it did not cover much, I asked her to grab the bath blanket on the bed for me. Instead, she left, didn't say where she was going, and the towel slid off of me.

I said into the nursery monitor that I was sitting naked and I was cold in front of the air conditioner. With each message I got a bit louder. Soon the only male aide came in. He was not in a good mood today and told me that he didn't want to hear my arguments or instructions. I asked him to put the bath blanket over me. He said I should've said please. He put it over me and left.

Then, the assistant director of nursing and social services director came in and straightened me some in the shower chair. But, they left me in the middle of the floor at 8:30 a.m.

Several minutes later, two aides came in and fed me breakfast. They double teamed me so that each had a witness and neither was in my room by herself.

I went back into the bathroom. With no one checking on me, I was in there for a while. My roommate said it was an hour. When I got out they quickly dressed me and got me ready for the day.

I just don't understand why mornings have to be so upsetting. I wondered why I did not cry this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment