Thursday, September 21, 2017

Random care


I just don't know what to think about the care here. It's not that it's bad it's just that it's quite inconsistent. We do not yet have a flow, and it's nothing like what I had at my previous nursing home.

They still do not have my early-morning meds straightened out. I'm supposed to get fiber and Synthroid, every morning. Fosamax is once a week. But I cannot take them together. I suggested they might want to give them to me as they have done in two previous nursing homes. But, the night shift nurse did not like that idea. Then, I suggested he give me some of the meds and dayshift give me the Fosamax at 7 AM. That would mean they would have to come to me, if I'm in the shower room, but that's what nurses are supposed to do.

Somehow the early-morning meds are not yet straightened out.. So the night shift nurse asked me last night to tell him if fiber and Synthroid and Fosamax can be given together. I just read that they are not supposed to be given together. Fiber is not supposed to be given with Fosamax or with Synthroid. I told him that at first and I don't know if he didn't believe me or what. I hope we are not going to have a controversy.. They could change the dosage time for the fiber. But Synthroid has to be taken several hours before Fosamax. I know because I've done it.

This morning I was able to get my suppositories at 6:10 a.m. and get up about twenty minutes later. That's only the second time that has happened here. I was put in the bathroom and when I finished I was taken to the shower. I was back by 7:30 a.m. But, the shower aide could not get me dressed, hair put together, and ready to go to the dining room by 8 AM. So, they must've started the dining room sooner. I ended up eating in my room.

The shower aide doesn't move very fast. If she did, she could get a lot more done. There's no way she can do more than ten showers a day, and maybe not that many.

I feel they need a dedicated shower aide who only stays in the shower room and does showers. That way they can control how things are done and what residents go to the shower when. But I don't know if they would ever do it that way. I don't think there's just not enough staff here. There are plenty of staff but NOT ENOUGH STAFF to help do transfers in a timely manner.

This afternoon I asked to lie down after 3 PM. But nobody came to help me. So I asked for help to get out of my desktop PC set up and went up the hallway to try to get aides to help me lie down.

It took a lot of time and me riding up the halls and back down endlessly to finally get into bed. It was way after 4 PM before I got there.

It's 7:09 p.m. and I need to eat a snack. Maybe they did not want to tell me that I had to stay up in order to get something to eat this evening. But, they should have.

I need a drink badly and I need to change positions. I certainly hope that both happen, and that I get a snack, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment