Monday, May 29, 2017

How can I do clothing better?


It's hard to do clothing at this facility. There is not much room. I cannot put heavier and midweight clothing in my closet at the same time. So I need to change things out at the end of the season.

The problem is I have no one to help me. I used to hire people to help me with such tasks when I was more economically sound. But, now, I have to depend on the housekeeping staff. The problem with that is sometimes they have enough housekeepers and sometimes they don't.

Most of my heavier (corduroy, winter) slacks went out of my closet in March. But I could not take out mock turtlenecks because I still needed them. But it was able to get housekeeping to put some longsleeved T-shirts and a few pairs of midweight jeans in my closet.

Then, in mid April I asked housekeeping about moving out my mock turtleneck tops so I would have some room for short sleeve T-shirts. Well, nothing happened. A week later I posted a note in my room asking that my heavier tops be removed from my closet and that some T-shirts (previously worn last year) be put in there. That week I got a roommate and no one got to my clothing.

The next week I revised the list and posted it again. The plan was more firm and I mentioned that I really needed the lighter weight items.

Each week, usually more than once, I have asked the housekeeping supervisor if she could move my clothing for me. Each week she has told me she had no time.

Last week I had a care conference and I was promised that my clothing would be moved the next day. It didn't happen.

Today my day shift aide offered to try to find the clothing I was looking for. We went through some space bags on the side of my closet. But I couldn't find what I wanted. I was pretty sure the new top should still be wrapped in the shipping envelope. But, we could not find it. It also looks like a pair of pants I ordered never arrived, or are lost.

My aide got upset with me and thought I was being ungrateful. My sister is visiting tomorrow and I want to look nice. Why did my aide not understand that? I agree that it is not her problem that housekeeping has no time. But it is a problem.

So, my sister is visiting and we will spend some of our time going through clothing. It will not take all that long. And since she's objective, and does not deal with this all the time, she may have a bit more patience. I really hate to waste her time that way. I need to go shopping. The problem is I need, need, need. It must be maddening to everyone around me.

I know being so needy is also maddening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment