Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Not feeling as Zen today.


They just do not know how to get me into that shower chair straight consistently. I would think they would want to learn that. The aides at Somerset did so why wouldn't they want to do it here.

Anyway I was in the chair okay but to go to the shower I needed to be able to straighten up or restand. I was told I could not do that by my aide J. She said you either go to the shower, or go back to bed. I opted for the shower. I was afraid I would slide out.

While she was washing me, she lifted my right leg. I actually expected to end up sliding onto the floor. Luckily, I didn't.

I made a major mess this morning in the bathroom. That usually only happens if I'm on the shower chair crooked, or it's not over the toilet properly. I had a poop spray on the floor two and half feet beside me on the right. And it did it every time I went. It even happened after my shower.

For a little while there I thought maybe they gave me some type of extra laxative I wasn't aware of. But, it might be just the stress I'm going through with this Hoyer lift situation.

After breakfast I was able to stand to transfer with the help of therapists. Then I stood again to get back into my power chair.

Then Ms. L put hot packs on my hip, thigh and knee to loosen up the spasticity. Then, she did some stretches. Her stretches are not as intense as Alex's are. But, at least I know I will not be horribly sore later.

When she went to put my right foot back on the foot rest, it spasmed and Ms. L could not break that spasm. So she just tried to loosen the muscles and eventually she got it up on the foot rest again.

She says she's aggravated that I'm not able to use the standing to transfer method after she recommended it last week. Ms. L told me it was approved and everything. But I still have the feeling something was not in order. Or, I would be standing to transfer.

There is no doubt I will be using the Hoyer until Roberta/nurse manager comes back next Tuesday.

That's going to seem like a very long six days.

No comments:

Post a Comment