Thursday, August 24, 2017

Day 2 – after hearing decision


I have a lot of trepidation in the morning. Its hard to feel good about management and staff here after enduring the hearing about the involuntary discharge recently. I feel they've wanted me out of here for months. That idea overwhelms me when I first wake up each morning.

But, today I tamped it down and decided I was going to go about my business. I'm making plans to move. I'm making lists of what I own, what I want to get rid of, and what I need to move. I want to get rid of whatever I can that is not necessary. That means I have a few things that can go.

I'm trying to be even tempered with the aides. I remember from seven years ago some of the aides at my previous nursing home had mixed feelings about me leaving. I don't think some of them liked it. But, there were others, who said nothing. I'm sure some thought I might be happier somewhere else. Though, happiness is relative.

In the middle of my morning at my desktop PC, Roberta/nurse manager came in to offer me a couple of other nursing home placement options. I sort of wondered why she was doing that. I'm supposed to go to a nursing home in the smaller bedroom community. I wondered if there was something up with that. I wondered why she was looking elsewhere. She said she wanted to give me a choice. I told her she would have to choose because she knows nursing homes in the area better than I do.

That's when she mentioned one in the small town a bit north from here. Even though she knew I did not want to go farther north, and said she would get back with me. For some reason she was talking up a different nursing home.

Thinking about all of this, I ate some of a rather lackluster lunch of soupy meatloaf and waxy scalloped potatoes.

Then, when I was riding in my power chair near my room, Roberta/nurse manager came up to talk to me again. She said that the first nursing home in the bedroom community 40 miles south has decided they cannot accept me because they're being sold. Roberta mentioned another nursing home in the small town about 20 miles north. But Roberta gave me the wrong name. It sounded like the nursing home that a part-time dayshift a works at (her second job). I thought it would be good to go where I knew at least one person.

Roberta said I can have a staff person Monday and Tuesday to help me go through things here and get them packed. My sister visits from Florida on Wednesday and I'm hoping things will be okay so I can enjoy the visit. If not, he will have to sort, pack, and order in.

Roberta said I will be moved Thursday, August 31. Facility staff will take me and I get to go in my own van. I told her my minivan would hold a few things.

When I emailed my sister the news, she called earlier this evening to tell me that Roberta had given me the name of two different nursing homes in the town north of here. She said I should email Roberta/nurse manager and I'm waiting for the reply.

My sister did say the nursing homes in that town of little over 10,000 souls, look good on their websites.









No comments:

Post a Comment