Monday, August 28, 2017

Day 6 – after hearing decision – things get moving


Today, after breakfast, I was told that I will be moving out on August 30 instead of August 31. I was not really happy with that news. That means my sister and I do not get to go out on Wednesday. Instead, she will have to go with me, or follow me, as I move to the other nursing home. I wonder if someone planned that. I'm supposed to be leaving at 9:30 a.m. which will be difficult to do because I'm not usually ready by that time. I hope they will give me a little bit of leeway.

I was told a housekeeper would help me get my things together today and tomorrow. I said I wanted to sort through my belongings first before she packed them. I found way too many fleece throws that I've purchased over the years. The ones I don't want will be donated somewhere.

They found my mattress in the basement. But, it is not still in the wrapper and I don't know why. I've never used it. But I'm still trying to sell it or maybe donate it somewhere.

The housekeeper and I went through clothing from the basement. I found things that I sorted to donate here years ago. Somehow, nobody marked it and they just held it in the basement for me. It was fun to get rid of  older clothing, that's too big, and the out of date, worn looking clothing. Cleaning out things makes me feel more free.

We went through more clothing and I found things I have not seen for two years. I never know how that happens, I just know that it does.

The housekeeper found my old memory foam manual wheelchair cushion. But, she could not find my newest gel pad that I used from 2015 until I got a new power chair in June 2016. I just wonder where it went because it was in this room in the closet on the other side for a while last year, and early this year.

There was a box in the basement with garbage bags, a big bottle of hand soap pour a pumper, in the thermos I bought try to assure I can always have hot tea, anytime. Unfortunately, that did not work out.

They are unable to find my safe, which contained all my over-the-counter meds when I came here. I think the reason it's gone is because one of the nurses lost the combination or the key to it, and it was no longer any good to anyone. They probably just got rid of it.

I told the housekeeper she can have my shredder which is in the basement. I also gave her one of my T-shirts that I was never particularly fond of, after I'd worn it once.

That housekeeper and I have a lot of history here. I came in 2010 and she started working in 2011. We've had a pretty good working relationship ever since. I will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment