Sunday, August 20, 2017

Will I have to move?


Though I don't really want to think about it, I know maybe tomorrow, or the next day, I could get the hearing decision. The hearing officer could find in the facility's favor and I would have to move to another nursing home.

The discharge date on the 30 day Involuntary Discharge Notice is August 30, 2017. But, sometimes you can negotiate with the facility to move at a more convenient time. However, sometimes you can't.

I can't really live in the future. But, I would have liked to have cleaned out some of my things, before I have to move. I was able to do that when I was involuntarily discharged from my previous facility. It's hard to do after living somewhere for years. Things build up, and pile up, and unfortunately, things get out of hand.

I don't really want to think about moving. The facility assures me I will not have to pay to move. But my sister had to pay the last time. I had to hire someone to help me pack and my sister and a couple of friends were able to help me free gratis. Now, my sister does not live close. I don't even know if she would be willing to come and stay here for a couple of days to help me get moved. I no longer have the financial resources to hire things done. Even back then, my sister would not let me reimburse her for the movers she hired to move my things to a storage unit, 80 miles from where I live now.

It's so hard to think about these things right now. Involuntary discharge seems so upsetting that I can't even hardly think about it. After the last hearing, at my previous facility, the hearing decision came about a week later. But, it was a different hearing officer and a different county in the same state.

I wanted to go to the Common Pleas Court back then and get a stay so that I would not have to move. But, I did not know how to go about it. I also could not find an attorney to represent me. Each attorney I called said they were connected with the prosecutor's office and therefore could not enter into a lawsuit against a state government entity. I never thought about asking the Court about procedure to get legal representation. It just seemed as though I couldn't fight it. Then, I proved that was right by not even trying.

I've already asked the ombudsman what the process is if I lose the hearing. She says I contact the County Common Pleas Court, and I must plead indigence to get a court appointed attorney. I don't suppose that's something I can do ahead of time.

My sister thinks I should just move if that's the hearing officers finding. My friend from church visited yesterday and she said if you lose the hearing, then maybe God wants you to do something else.

Maybe that's a good way to look at it. Looking at it as a spiritual assignment, could have an upside. But, right now, I'm just sad, and it all just seems to be too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment