Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Another day from hell


I guess we are the choices we make. But in this case it shouldn't have been that way.

When the aides came in with the Hoyer thirty minutes, or so, after I got my suppositories, I wondered what was up. The aides were the two who rile me frequently, and they know it.

Not wanting to deal with them, I said I wasn't feeling well and might not get up. I asked to use the bedpan. They stuck it under me, and left.

I put the call light on about thirty minutes later. I ended up being on the bedpan for over an hour. The aides cleaned me up on the bottom end and left. One of them returned and fed me most of my breakfast. I was pleased I was allowed to drink my tea.

I told one of the aides at 9:05 am. that I wanted to get washed up and my teeth brushed when they had time. I also said I wanted to get up. But, I also know that there's one less aide on the floor now. The shower aide has moved to activities as an assistant.

I had my call light on and off several times this morning asking to be cleaned up and to get my teeth brushed. It didn't happen. It didn't even happen when I asked the nurse. She said that the aides told me I would not get washed up until after lunch. I should have said, "Who's lunch?"

But I failed to do that. My roommate rolled up and down the halls trying to get someone to wash me up and brush my teeth. But nobody came.

One of the "rile up" aides told me, while feeding me lunch, that she felt I was trying to ruin her nursing career. That's because of an incident in September when she and two other aides came in and tried to wash me up quickly and dress me in the tiny bathroom. I yelled "assault", and "rape". They were assaulting me, most assuredly.

In the middle of everything, and my lunch, I told the aide feeding me that was abuse. She said it wasn't and walked out. I didn't get to finish my lunch or drink very much.

The director of nursing got on me and said I can't accuse aides of abuse. I said that neglect comes first. I told her I felt NOT washing me up and brushing my teeth is neglect.

Right before 2 PM quitting time I got a slipshod washup with MY baby wipes after ALL LUNCHES were over. It was hit or miss washup, mostly miss. And my teeth did not get brushed until second shift got here.

I guess I'm in between the devil and the deep blue sea – again. Plus, I cried most of the morning and early afternoon, and my eyes hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment