Sunday, November 19, 2017

The touchpad's is glitching again


I wonder what's causing my desktop PC to glitch. It still has Windows 7 Home Edition on it, and I hope that's not the reason I'm having difficulties. My touchpad freezes up. It almost seems like a power problem or that the hard drive is not spinning fast enough. But I can't find what's causing it. I'm going to search online for answers, or call a computer tech to see what's up.

I was getting an error message when I shut down the desktop for a couple of weeks. I googled it and saw that an error message could show up because Firefox was older edition. Online, it said to uninstall it and re-download it. After I did that yesterday,, the error message didn't pop up.

But, unfortunately today my touchpad locked up. It was difficult to shut down the desktop. One of the nurse aides had to do it for me with a lot of patience. The touchpad was not working properly.

When I shut it down, the error message was there again. It was very difficult to try to close the box it was in. So, the aide had to force the desktop to shut down which it did.

I've had a lot of trouble with the touchpad since I came here. It wouldn't work so my sister brought me a new one. It worked well and then it became glitchy. My touchpad worked better before I came here. I wonder if the Guest Wi-Fi is to blame.

Of course, it could be my Dragon Naturally Speaking 11.5 which I've had on the desktop for five years. Maybe it's just not working even though I still have Windows 7 Home Edition on the desktop. I didn't choose to upgrade to Windows 10 because I would've had to buy a new version of Dragon speech recognition software and its more expensive than it used to be.

I'm wondering if I'm going to have to call a computer tech. But, I don't going to spend too much trying to figure out what's wrong with my desktop. But maybe, I can find a computer geek in the area who can help me out.

I wish we had a computer geek who worked at this nursing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment