Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Care conference tomorrow


My first care conference at this facility is tomorrow. Usually, there are care conferences held every three months. We are getting close to that timeline.

In the beginning I had a male aide who was able to do my care. But, on days that they were short, I was told I would get the express version of my morning routine. That didn't please me. But now I do get three showers a week instead of two, which makes me feel more comfortable.

But there are several issues we have to work out. I have no usable call light when I'm on my desktop PC. Yes, I can call the nurses' station on my PCs' Skype phone. But, I'd feel more comfortable using a call light.

I'm wondering if there ever will be enough aides to handle the hallway while an aide does my care. I feel I'm always begging and bartering to get things done. I think at first the aides liked spending time with me. I don't know if management but the kibosh on that or what. I just know they spend less time with me now.

At my previous two facilities, I would've been able to have an aide put makeup on me if I requested it. Here, I've never asked to have makeup applied in the over two months I've been here. There always seems to be a rush when the aides come into my room to do something.

A friend of mine was supposed to attend tomorrow's care conference. But she had to cancel out due to another commitment. However, the ombudsman is coming and she will represent my interests.

In a way I hate using the ombudsman. I feel like a mafiosi bringing the ombudsman rep like a hired gun, to prompt them to listen and address my concerns.

But, in the nursing home world call words can be twisted and misconstrued. This way I have an objective third person there to listen to my problems, and assist me to get solutions..

I certainly hope the facility managers who attend the care conference will understand how things look for my angle.

***I posted this Tuesday evening and I thought my care conference was the next day Wednesday, November 15, 2017.

I found out this morning that I messed up the date. It wasn't on Wednesday. In fact, it's scheduled for Thursday, November 16 at 10:30 a.m.

So I will have another night of angst worrying about what will happen.

I don't know if were aides would solve my "getting a.m. care problem", but, it wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment