Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The shower aide thinks I'm selfish


In the beginning the shower aide and floor aide I'll call Rita made me a bit uncomfortable. At first I thought I liked her. Then, I decided I wasn't really sure about it.

Rita seems to be moody or maybe depressed. She, like me, doesn't smile very much. But she smiles when it counts, or when men are around.

Rita's been giving me my showers, except for a couple of them, since I came. I asked if she liked being a shower aide and she didn't really say. So I she wasn't sure how she felt about it. She admitted she'd worked at other nursing homes before coming here. After she moved back to this town, working here may have become easier..

I heard Rita is moving to activities, as an assistant. She says she'll like that better. But, I wonder. It also will involve her working every other weekend, which she hasn't had to do lately.

This morning I was aggravated because Rita I feel like she didn't want to do one personal grooming item on my a.m. care. I think she feels that me wanting an aide to use my epilator to remove superfluous hair on my face, isn't necessary. I want it used three days a week. But, missing days, can make it more difficult to remove hairs. But, Rita told me she thinks I'm selfish regarding my personal care.

Rita said when the aides are doing extra things for me, other residents are doing without care. I wonder if that's true. Male residents are shaved regularly and have no stubble, except for those with facial hair.. I haven't noticed hair on the faces of female residents either. I don't know why Rita and another aide feel they have to criticize me for wanting to be well-groomed and wanting a hair free face. There must always be an aide like Rita, who thinks I'm too clean and too particular.

Near the and of breakfast, Rita said I probably think all the aides are awful. I told her I didn't think that. I just wondered if a female manager would run the epilator on my face for me, since some are trained nurse aides.

Rita feels I should compromise on the personal care I want done. I could suggest that the epilator be used twice a week, instead of three .. However, having it used three times a week assures me no hair will show. I also think it's easier to use the epilator right after I've had a shower. Granny chin hairs can be removed easily with a razor or an epilator. However, Rita seems to want to disagree with me about it.

I'd  like to get rid of the selfish aura a couple of aides have attached to me. But, since I've been deemed picky, some aides feel all my needs are excessive.













No comments:

Post a Comment