Thursday, November 16, 2017

Care conference problematic


I had to do all my own talking, as I usually do. Trying to explain that I want my care done by a certain time is difficult. The director of nursing said they can get me up sooner. But, the night shift nurse has said previously it's not possible. The only way that can change is if I have a different nurse than that one be my nurse.. The director of nursing tried at the end of September to have night shift aides get me up. But, the night nurse said they could not accommodate my needs here. I didn't tell the director of nursing what he told me. So, I wonder what he told the director of nursing. Did the nurse say I refused to get up?. In the care conference today I told them that the night shift nurse said he could not get me up until he saw there were sufficient aides on dayshift.

Then I was told I will he moved to the long-term care hall because that's where I should be. That means a smaller room and less space for my desktop and other things. The director of nursing said I can take my laptop computer, but not my desktop because of available space. The rooms are tiny. I turned the small one down when I first came. I guess I've always felt coming here was kind of a "bait and switch". I think they advertised one thing and I got something else.

Then they brought up that I can move to an assisted living facility about 10 minutes away. I told them I can't do assisted living because they don't have enough aide assistance. They described an efficiency apartment, one of sixteen, in the building. I told them efficiency is too much space. In my mind I can see myself being a prisoner in my room because that's where I'd have something to do.

Everyone was nice no one got brash. But, I did say it took a while at both of my previous nursing homes to get me into the scheme of things. Then the administrator had to ask why I wasn't there anymore. I told him because they threw me out. That's all I said about it today. The managers may not have known it. But, I told the staff from the first day.

I don't know if all this is going to work out. And somehow I think I will be blamed if it doesn't. They will say that my care routine is just too much for the aides to handle.





No comments:

Post a Comment