Thursday, November 30, 2017

To order out, or not


Last night an activity assistant I'll call Julia came to my room and asked if I wanted to order in from a nearby Mexican restaurant. I asked if they were ordering for the noon meal, or supper. Nevertheless, I still wondered if they'd do it at an odd hour. I Residents are usually in the dining room from 11:30 a.m. to around 12:15 p.m., and it would have to be scheduled after that.

Since Julia/activities assistant didn't seem to know what time they were ordering in, I asked Julia if she'd get back with me the next day.

This morning I was busy because I had a student nurse. She and another student helped with my washup, getting me dressed, combing my hair, and brushing my teeth etc. They didn't finish me until almost 10 AM.

I went down the hallway to see what was going on in the facility. It was a wintry looking, chilly, rainy day. The Christmas tree was up, all 10 feet of it, and there was only a little bit of decorating left to do.

As I checked out the lunch menu posted on the bulletin board, I heard Julia/activities assistant asking a male resident what he wanted to order from the Mexican restaurant. As he gave her his order, I suddenly wondered why Julia never got back to me. That made me feel kind of weird. Even though I thought it was better not to order out, I might've considered it had she asked again. The only thing I'm afraid of is getting cold food. Usually, when the nursing home orders in, and picks it up, the food is cold.

I went on my way and never looked back. It wasn't enough of a slight to make me really upset.

Before lunch I heard they ordered food to be ready at 2 PM. Most of the residents who ordered in, ate no lunch.

Sometime after 3 PM the aroma of Mexican food wafted through the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment