Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Touchpad going bad


For the last two nights my touchpad has become erratic. It will not click correctly and I think that maybe means the button is broken, or breaking.

I can't remember if I have another of this brand or not. I know that the brand of touchpad that works with my desktop doesn't necessarily work with my laptop.

I spent forty-five minutes last night trying to figure out what I could do without a touchpad. There really isn't much. It's terrible to say that I don't know how to use my Dragon speech recognition software to navigate on a page. I never thought I needed to know that. Obviously, I do. So I may go about reading how that works.

It seems like all I've done in the last three or four years is is buy new touchpads. They just go bad so fast. I've bought that when I opened them they wouldn't work. Then I had to send it back. In one case I never opened up the box because I always left the backup touchpad in the box.. I was certainly surprised when the touchpad wouldn't work and I couldn't automatically send it back and get a refund. I had to check with the manufacturer to see if they had a warranty. If they didn't, I'd be out the price of the touchpad.

But for me, it's an essential piece of equipment. I've been using one since 1997 when Ohio's Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation brought me one to use. After that, I was sold. I only bought one brand until I saw another brand of touchpad that was less expensive on Amazon. I bought it, and used it. But, it didn't last as long as the other brand I usually purchased.

I have a feeling that my Dragon voice activation software does not work well with touchpads. And that's not good because I need one.

Tonight I have to go look to see how much this brand of touchpad costs. There is also a new brand, I'm not familiar with, that's only $19.95. Somehow I think that's way too cheap. The touchpad is supposedly made in Germany. I just wonder if the company is to build up a customer base by selling them at such a reasonable price. When I checked out the reviews, the new brand touchpad worked for some, and not for others.

The same is true with the other two brands of wired touchpads.



No comments:

Post a Comment