Monday, December 4, 2017

Saturday without Wi-Fi


I just wonder what happens when I can't connect my PCs to the facility's Guest Wi-Fi. First I thought the Wi-Fi router needed to be reset. However, a few times either my desktop or laptop wouldn't connect, and I was told the Guest  Wi-Fi was working for other residents. Some employees were also able to connect to the Guest Wi-Fi using their cell phones..

The guest Wi-Fi seems to go down once or twice a month. I don't think it's weather related, because it doesn't happen on severe weather days. But something causes the Guest Wi-Fi to need to be rebooted, or reset so often. I'm wondering if they shouldn't just automatically reboot it, on a regular basis.I thought the Guest Wi-Fi router was randomly disconnecting my PCs, but now I don't know..

One day, a few weeks after I moved here, I couldn't connect to the Guest Wi-Fi. The next morning I asked the administrator if the Guest Wi-Fi was working. He asked why. I told him I couldn't connect to it the previous day, and evening. At first, he said my room was far away from the Wi-Fi router, and the signal might be weaker. Then, he tried connecting to the Wi-Fi using his cell phone, and couldn't. He said the the Guest Wi-Fi router needed to be rebooted, or reset. Not long after, I connected to the Guest Wi-Fi.

Without the Internet I have no excuse not to organize my files, delete them,, and organize and consolidate the My Documents file.

But, of course, is not as much fun as checking out news sites and other spots, like I usually do, on the Internet.

So, if it isn't working tonight when I'm finished writing, I can't go to news sites and read. I can't even check to see what the latest scandal in digital print is.

But I can read the PDFs that're on my laptop. However, if the Guest Wi-Fi continues to act up, I'll need to download more book PDFs on my laptop.

I like to play Free Cell. But the game I have on my laptop isn't as good as the Microsoft Solitaire games on my desktop.

Without Wi-Fi it was a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment