Friday, December 1, 2017

Things I ordered still sitting out


Since I moved here, I went with an activity group shopping once. That was at the end of the first week of September. I was able to go to Walmart with a few folks at the activity department here. I only picked up a few things because I wanted to help the other ladies find what they needed. They're not able to order online like I can. I also have more opportunities to go out and some of them.

But since that, I have been ordering online and having them shipped here. In October my sister put my order away. I ordered later in November and it was delivered a few days ago. So far, it's not been put away.

I'm trying not to order very much. I decided to order once a month to see if I'd get by. I don't want to have too many extras here. But, I sometimes forget things I really need. Then I'm a bit exasperated with myself.

I'm trying to eat up the food items that are in the cabinet that might've moved with me. Some of the double cereal bars I haven't taken the time to eat. Some nights there so late feeding you snack, I don't have time to eat very much.

The day the shipment came,  the aides asked me if I wanted it put away. I hesitated and that was a mistake. Now I have asked activities, the student nurses who were here for the past two days, and the floor aides that I need my order put away.

It isn't that much. So, hopefully they will get to it sometime.

It's always a problem to get someone to help me put my things away. Maybe I should ask another resident if she could help me. But I don't want to ask a resident who has a disability that hampers their movement. Many of them could take the items out of the box. But, I don't know if they could put them in the cabinet.

I also realize I need to frontload things. When I know I'm ordering, I should tell someone, and then remind them again when the order's delivered.

So, I guess I'll just have to keep asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment