Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Maybe a dentist visit coming


Yesterday I went on Facebook, placed an ad wanting to hire two aides to transport me to the dentist, transfer me to the dental chair, and return me back to the nursing home.

I was surprised that I got more than twenty responses. Many people were quite interested, probably just to make the money. But there were two people who offered to take me without being paid.

But there were many others who offered to do it without really reading my ad. It surprised me that anyone would offer to do something without asking what was involved.

Since, I could find no other way to get to the dentist, I asked my sister if she'd be willing to pay a couple of aides to transport me to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned, as a Christmas gift. She jumped on it because she never knows what to get me. We talked about the hourly rate to offer, and about how many hours it might take. She already knew I needed two aides to go with me. My second facility sent two aides with me to the dentist for years. But this facility doesn't have enough extra aides to spare one.

But trying to find qualified people to help me was frustrating. I guess I should've offered to pay for a facility aide to go along with the activity aide who transports in the facility bus here. But, I didn't know if this facility would agree to that.

Last night after posting the ad, I answered messages for quite a while. I contacted everybody who answered my posting.

I thought some were being premature when they offered to take me. After all, it's a few days before Christmas, and not long before New Year's. I'm surprised they didn't want more information upfront. But I realize the money was enticing and they wanted to make it quickly.

When I checked the computer this morning, there were more replies. I answered two new emails saying I'd contact them when the dentist's appointment was set up.

Today, on Facebook. Another woman (also an aide ) told me she and her friend could take me to the dentist whenever I wanted. She said they work night shift but they could do it anytime during the day.

I also was contacted by two aide friends from my previous nursing home. But they've not said they could take me. They know if I want to go somewhere, I won't want to wait to get it done..

I'm optimistic that I'll be able to find two aides to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment