Monday, December 18, 2017

Another opportunity to go out dashed


Today was my last opportunity to get to go out before Christmas. RA came to take me out. But, we knew if the weather was bad we could always eat in and visit.

I was pleased I was up and in the shower right after 6 AM. Then I heard they were one aide short on dayshift. I had no extra Hoyer pad for the older Hoyer they're using on me since the newer one is broken. I should've asked yesterday it a second lift pad would be available. If I had, we'd have known that going out wasn't likely. But I just went with the flow. They also had a resident who needed showered and to go out for an appointment. He may've have been the reason there was only one lift pad.

Nevertheless, I could've been ready in plenty of time. If RA had called, maybe they would've gotten me together. But, we did neither of those.

Instead, we left it to fate, or chance, and thought it would be worked out.

I ended up being ready, lying on my poopy bedpan, having waited almost an hour to get off.

In the meantime, my teeth could've been brushed, my hair combed and sprayed, and my face creamed.

I was embarrassed when RA came, found me on the bedpan, and learned we couldn't go out.

It's hard to know what to tell friends to do. It is better for me to have family and friends visit. But it did make me upset when our December plans, made in November, got dashed.

Earlier, I started thinking about it, and the tears started rolling. Sometimes there's no little thing that can be done to fix a big thing.

I've learned that well three times in the last week.





No comments:

Post a Comment