Thursday, December 21, 2017

Dental appointment scheduled


Hooray! I'll actually be able to get my teeth cleaned after waiting sixteen months. I'm surprised that this facility doesn't have enough aides to allow one extra to accompany me to the dentist. I need two aides to assist me to transfer, now that I'm using a Hoyer. Though my second facility sent two aides to the dentist with me for four years, this one can't do that.

I brought this up to my sister when she visited less than a week ago. I asked if she'd be willing to pay two aides to take me to the dentist – as a Christmas gift. She said she would because she usually has no idea what to get me for Christmas.

The other day I put an ad on a Facebook community website. I wrote what I needed and when. I had a lot of people answer me. Initially I wondered if any of them would be able to do it. I realize that many said they could do it without paying attention to all the facts about my dentist outing.

The day before yesterday I contacted a couple of aides who were interested. They told me to just get an appointment and send it to them. They said they would make it happen.

I did that earlier and they've already messaged me through Facebook to say that they can do it.

I set up a late morning appointment at the end of next week.

That'll give me something to plan, and look forward to after Christmas.

I'm hoping this will work out.

I want to have shiny, clean teeth again, hopefully without cavities.

No comments:

Post a Comment