Sunday, December 17, 2017

The Sunday from hell


I wondered what the heck happened today. I know the nurse was late giving me my suppositories so that makes my beginning of the day already late.

My aide, I'll call Helen, came in just the same as always. I was on and off the bedpan before she went to feed resident breakfast in the dining room.

Helen returned after breakfast but she didn't bring mine. I ended up not being able to eat until almost 10 AM. The day shift nurse was the director of nursing and she was slow so my meds got to me later. The whole morning got backed up.

Every time Helen came in I asked if she could start washing me up, brush my teeth, or do some part of my a.m. care. She kept telling me she wanted to wait. I wondered, wait on what.

Then, when I asked to get washed up around 11 AM, I wondered whether the reason would be, too busy, resident lunchtime, or some other reason. Because I get these answers here, but Helen doesn't usually give them.

Helen said at 11 AM they were getting a new admit. She said there's so much paperwork, and so much to do. And I know there is. But there's still me here, who needs care too.

Several minutes after twelve noon, the admissions coordinator (AC) came in with my tray. She asked if I wanted lunch and I said I did.

I was feeling kind of aggravated and didn't talk much at first. But then, AC got me going talking. I told her something needed to be done about staffing and how slowly some aides worked.

I didn't complain a lot, after all she was feeding me. However, someone probably realized if AC didn't feed me I wouldn't get fed until later.

I just feel badly for Helen because I wasn't nasty, but just questioned her. Helen didn't say what was going on. If she was still not to clean me up for the Dave. But I think if someone did tell her that, that person should have told me. Helen probably feels horrible because she knows I like to be clean.

This facility's is so strange. They seem to just decide I don't need care, and then I don't get it.

Maybe they think if they don't actually say they won't give me the care I'm requesting. Maybe the fact that I had to wait for it, doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment