Friday, December 29, 2017

On December 24: I was dreaming of a Wi-Fi Christmas


Well, you guessed it there is no Wi-Fi tonight either. I was told the administrative was here here last night, but apparently there must've been nothing he could do to fix the guest Wi-Fi.

The big thing about it is every time I tried to connect my antivirus pops up with the warning that the Guests Wi-Fi is not a secure network.

The last time it was down was December 4. I asked the administrator to try it that afternoon when he said it was on. I was not on my desktop and he agreed to turn it on and connect. I could tell by the way he did it that he's never used it on a PC, I do know he doesn't use it for cell phone. He was a bit surprised that a pop up says public, unsecured network. The administrator said that's not true. He says it is secure. But I told him that the antivirus is identifying it as a public network.

At my previous facility the public network had a password. I wonder if they could change the public network to one that uses a password. That might make it easier to logon..

It's very frustrating to have the Wi-Fi down so often. At my first facility, the Wi-Fi was out probably once a month, maybe twice.

I hope they can figure out what's causing the Guest Wi-Fi here to keep shutting us down.

I also wish they could figure out why keeps happening on weekends. It really bites that it happened on Christmas weekend 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment