Thursday, December 28, 2017

Two days before Christmas, Wi-Fi down


Well, it's been a rather disappointing December 23, 2017. There aren't enough Hoyer pads to go around. So, I didn't even ask if I could get up today. I guess it was enough that I got a shower yesterday, but then had to go back to bed to get off the wet Hoyer pad.

I just rested because it wasn't feeling that great anyway. I was a bit nauseated and I know the flu is going around.

This afternoon I wanted to get on my laptop to see what's going on in the world. Last night I was too busy to spend much time gawking at interesting things on the Internet.

But, when I got on my laptop, I began logging on to the Guest Wi-Fi here and almost made it, before it shut down. I kept trying but it kept telling me that there is no Wi-Fi available. It said my laptop wasn't communicating with the server. That usually means that the Wi-Fi box needs to be rebooted. I wish I knew how to do that, and if I could reach it, I'd fix it.

It is been so aggravating since I've been here because the Wi-Fi is out at least once or twice a month. It is usually near the beginning, and the end of the month. I always wonder if the Guest Wi-Fi is allotted a metered number of uses per month, and when those are up, the router has to be re-upped, or something.

Every time I chat with the administrator about the Guest Wi-Fi, he says it's very good. To me, if it's very good, it wouldn't need to be rebooted all the time. The next time I talk to him, I'll ask if it needs to be rebooted on some type of schedule, to try to avoid these mostly weekend Guest Wi-Fi shutdowns.

This is a particularly unfortunate weekend for it to happen because it's right before Christmas. I wasn't going to do anything but read the news or watch YouTube videos. But, since I can't do that I'm a little down.

I promised myself that I would download some books to my laptop which were a bit more exciting then the ones I have. But, when the Wi-Fi came back on December 3, I suddenly forgot to download meatier reading material.

Of course, I can write, which I do every day. But, I really need to make sure I have other things to entertain myself on my laptop.

I would really prefer not to have to rely on TV for entertainment. The Internet offers much more variety for me than television does.

No comments:

Post a Comment