Monday, December 4, 2017

Sunday without Wi-Fi


Today, Sunday, there was no Yes Wi-Fi – again. So, I didn't get to read the Sunday online New York Times, which I enjoy doing most Sundays.

Even though I told my nurse and two aides yesterday.that I could not connect to the Guest Wi-Fi, they said no other residents were having difficulties. I knew that would be essential to getting it fixed. I mentioned it to a nurse and she said she would attempt to reboot, or reset, the Guest Wi-Fi. I told her it was behind the director of nursing's door, which could be accessed only with a key.

Since I am the farthest one away from the Guest Wi-Fi router, I wondered if other residents were affected. I had similar problems with my second facility's Wi-Fi. However, they had two secure connections, one better than the other, that I could connect to.

After lunch I asked my nurse if she knew whether the Guest Wi-Fi was working. One of the aides told me none of the residents had complained that it wasn't working.

With the Guest Wi-Fi router behind a locked door, that only if you can access, then no other employee has a chance to try to get it going again.

As the afternoon progressed, an aide said the maintenance man was called about the Guest Wi-Fi.

I didn't even try to connect when I got on my laptop Sunday afternoon. I had enough other things to do without Wi-Fi.

Nevertheless, I'll be curious to see if that router works on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment