Saturday, October 7, 2017

Fifty minutes in the bathroom


This same weekend is messed up every time it rolls around. It's strange because they just hired a new aide. But, she doesn't know the lay of the land yet and is probably being pushed around.

I didn't get up even close to my usual time this morning.

I was ready to get up at 6:50 am. I said into the nursery monitor that serves as a call light, that I needed to get up.  I said that same thing into the nursery monitor every five minutes. My roommate heard me and she went out into the hallway to find the aides.

They didn't come in my room until after 7 AM. They got me up and into the bathroom.

When I was finished, my aide fed me my breakfast in my room. I knew she would be busy in the dining room, so I asked her to put me back in the bathroom. I told her I couldn't sit there very long because my leg was already hurting from being on it for over an hour.

When I was finished, a long more than fifteen minutes had passed, my aide did not come back to check on me. I started calling nurse, and saying I needed to get out of the bathroom, and off the shower chair which was hurting my left thigh. But nobody came.

Many minutes later, my roommate heard me calling for help. I don't know if she put her call light on, or if she called out into the hallway. But, soon, my aide came in.

I was beside myself with pain in my left hip from sitting on that shower chair seat. The pain was causing me to cry and perspire and I was quite uncomfortable.

I told both aides who came in that I couldn't quite handle being left in the bathroom, on the shower chair, and in pain for fifty minutes.

One of the aides said that I should have known where they were. It's not that I didn't think they were busy, it's just that I think an aide, or one of the nurses, should've checked on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment