Thursday, October 19, 2017

The Wi-Fi went out


Today I got on my desktop PC and there was no Wi-Fi. Without a usable call light by my desktop, I had no way to let anyone know the Wi-Fi was down. I usually call facility #3's number from my Skype phone on my desktop.. This morning I couldn't do that. I asked a student nurse was with my roommate if she'd tell one of the managers the router needed to be reset.. She said she would. The administrator and the maintenance usually do that, but they were gone.. I knew in order for the Wi-Fi to be reset, another employee would have to do it.

My aide returned to try the Wi-Fi on my laptop. Unfortunately, it had no Wi-Fi either.

There were plenty of things I could do on my desktop without the Internet. But, none of them are as fun and informative.

I started working on some writing and did better than I expected given my frustration factor.

I decided to clean out My Documents file. I knew there would be lots there to do. I really need to get a lot of files off, and moved to storage devices. I hate to remove some files from my hard drive because they're my history. But I don't want to become a file hoarder either.

So, I was into that when my aide came to get me for lunch.

The world kind of fell apart after that. Then, the housekeeping supervisor told me she had reset the router. A few minutes later I was told it was working. It's interesting how me falling apart and the Wi-Fi being reset happened almost simultaneously.

As soon as I saw the Google doodle on my desktop's screen, I felt calmer.

But, due to circumstances I was not able to get right back on my desktop to use it.

I'm on my laptop this afternoon and the Wi-Fi is wonderful when it's working..

No comments:

Post a Comment