Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Inconsistency is consistent


One day at this facility is horrible. Then, the next will be a bit better. Sometimes there's a day that works like clockwork. Unfortunately, it looks like the only thing I can depend upon is that there will be no consistency.

Sometimes I think it's because aides don't communicate well. I don't know when they go to lunch here, and sometimes they seem to avoid caring for me which is disconcerting. Some evenings there have been enough aides here to help me eat my snack earlier. But, I didn't get fed early that night.

I'm sure they wanted me to stay up for supper and put me in bed right after. Since I didn't do that, I hope they're not aggravated.

I've asked for care conference which I'll have some time in the future. I have no idea what the outcome will be.

I was sitting here earlier wondering why the nurse was so late bringing my meds. I know it was after 6 PM and she's out of compliance with the regulations by then. I wanted to know what was going on. I completely forgot I now have a call light and could have put it on. Except, I did at 4:30 p.m. and fifteen minutes later no one had answered it.

I called the facility number and one of the managers answered. She offered to give me a drink. After she did, I told her I needed my leg adjusted. But, no one came to do it.

I don't know if they just forgot or just didn't come.

I think they need to check in with me more often. The nurse didn't ask if I needed anything. And, I asked her if an aide would feed me a snack some time, and she said she would.

They probably have a plan. I just don't know what it is.

I had the nurse try to fix the pillow under my arm just a bit ago. She's probably never done it before and it wasn't put where I wanted it.

Now my arm is sliding off a bit which will make me uncomfortable and maybe unable to use my arm. I called the nurses station and night shift said I'd have to wait till the aides yet to me. That may mean I will have to wait until 8:30 p.m. to eat a snack.

Maybe I shouldn't let that worry me. But it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment