Monday, October 2, 2017

Many waiting for a while to be fed


I was shocked when I entered the dining room, thinking I was late, and found that no one had been served. It didn't even seem like there were that many residents in there to feed..

I moved around to see what was going on, then left, and returned. I asked where they wanted me to sit and pulled in there. I had the feeling I was going to sit in that dining room for a while.

I was feeling strangely because one of the office people, or managers, fed me. This facility has a different philosophy from the nursing homes where I've lived. At my previous facilities the aides did mostly everything and sometimes the nurses helped.

It just feels strange having managers in the dining room routinely. But, I guess they're showing that they are no better than the aides they employ who feed the residents. I wondered if they've had feed training, and I think they probably have. If it were not for the managers feeding, they would need more aides here.

It's amazing that during my first few weeks the food I was served was warm. Now, it isn't necessarily, and I wonder why.

The hot water device is broken. I don't know how they're heating the water for their large thermal carafes, but I know this morning my aide put tapwater into my cups and then failed to microwave it long enough. That meant my tea was barely warm.. This morning, my tea was barely warm.

At lunch the assistant business office manager fed me part of the meal, and the dietary manager fed me the rest.

I know they want me to wait down there until the meal is served and then wait afterwards..

They really don't realize how difficult that is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment